17 for 2017 (nanacathydotcom)
Well, it’s been a month of pursuing the goals I set for myself this year. It was not easy, but I found that having them in my bullet journal has really helped to keep focused on them. I wasn’t perfect in completing them, but I do feel accomplished.
- Make 4 journal pages a month
- Exercise at the gym 2 times a week – I didn’t make it to the gym this past month. Walking has really taken it out of me, but I did try some pilates at home once a week.
- Walk 5 times a week – week 1: 2/5 week 2: 5/5 week 3: 5/5 week 4: 0/5 (road trip recovery) week 5: 2/2 – I am proud of myself for all the walks I got in this month despite the exhaustion after the road trip. I got back to it this week with the help of my Fitbit friends who keep me going with our weekly challenges.
- Make 5 fabric/yarn projects this year – I converted my flip flops earlier this year and on Monday I started my first Loom Knit project. I decided to go with something simple like a scarf so I can get a feel for the loom.
- Write in my journal at least 3 times a week – This one I averaged about 1-2 a week. I am a little disappointed in myself on this one.
- Submit 6 stories to publications throughout the year – did not get to this one this month
- Complete 3 5K’s this year – I haven’t done one yet, but I have been looking them up to see which ones to sign up for. I am thinking my first one may be a virtual one.
- Read/Listen to 65 books – I have read 9 books so far this year
- A Bone to Pick by Charlaine Harris
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik
- The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
- Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs
- The Obsidian Chamber by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
- The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
- The Iron Trial by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare
- The Fever Code by James Dashner
- The Fearsome Foursome (Tales of the Haunted Mansion #1) by Amicus Arcane – I read this one to the kids over their week off
- Make 12 Scrapbook Pages
10. Take 3 road trips this year – Road trip to LA for the Cookie Con
11. Take 1 vacation this year – not yet, but I’m researching places
12. Find 12 geocaches – all the rain hampered this one a little this month…looking forward to finding some this month
13. Commit 12 Random Acts of Kindness – Over the break with the kids we did a few
- Tape Popcorn to Redbox machines all over town
- Make pipe cleaner flowers and hearts and attach them to benches, fences and poles around town
- Leave bottles of bubbles at our local parks for the other kids on break from school to play with
14. Write letters to my senators once a month re: issues that are coming up for a vote or are concerning me – I sent out 2 letters this month and had intended to attend the Feinstein Empty Chair Town Hall meeting, but after a week of 12 hour days with the kids, I was completely exhausted.
15. Work on notes for NaMoWriMo (10 hours a month) – I got in 1 hour – another disappointing area for me, but one I intend to remedy. I’m not putting enough time into my writing and so I am going to make adjustments to fix that.
16. Draw paint or color 12 times this year – I actually got 2 postcards colored to send out for birthdays this so far.
17. Buy at least one Christmas present a month – The scarf I am knitting (if it comes out – crossing fingers) will be a Christmas gift.
I hope you all moving forward and meeting your goals. WE CAN DO IT!!!