Share Your World – Week 39 (Cee’s Photography)
- A class you wish you would have taken? I wish I would’ve finished taking the cake decorating classes at Michael’s. My friend and I did the first class a couple of summer’s ago, but then we both got busy in our jobs and we didn’t end up taking the other 3 classes in the series. We had so much fun in the first class, especially since we were the only 2 people in the class. I would really like to learn to use fondant. It seems like there is so much you can do with it. I love watching “Cupcake Wars” and seeing the different toppers they come up with using fondant, chocolate, and whatever else they can find. I don’t plan to ever be a professional cake decorator, but I do love making cakes for friends and family when I can.
- What’s your favorite comic figure and why? I have so many, but I think Wonder Woman has always been my favorite. When I was little, she was my favorite because she was one of the 2 female characters on Super Friends. Unlike Jayna, who was one half of the Wonder Twins, Wonder Woman fought on her own along side the big boys Superman and Batman. I also loved the live action TV show with Lynda Carter. She was just so cool. As I got older, I continued to like her because she’s smart and strong, 2 things I strive to be. The new Batman vs. Superman movie was a disappointment, but I love that Wonder Woman is back. I can’t wait for her new movie coming next year.
- Name something you wish you could like. There are times I wish I could like beer. I have tried all different kinds from dark to light, cheap to expensive, with fruit and without. But it all comes down to the fact that I can’t stand the smell of beer. I don’t know if it’s the hops or the barley or what, but there is something in beer that just makes me go “Yick!” I only wish I could like it because it’s cheaper than a mixed drink when you go out. Plus it would be nice to just share the pitcher of beer than having to always order something all to myself. I don’t know why I’m complaining though. It’s not like I drink much anymore anyway. Maybe 2-3 times a year tops.
- Tell me about your first crush / first date / first kiss. My first crush/kiss was Jason Walker in the Fifth grade. He was the popular boy in our class. He wasn’t the cutest guy in our class, but he was hilarious and that’s why I liked him. The first and last time I kissed him was at school before the year ended. We had built this tree house with our friends during lunch. (We went to a school in Australia surrounded by a forest and could play there during breaks.) When the bell rang for us to go back to class, our friends immediately took off. Jason quickly pulled me behind the tree house and kissed me and then we ran to class too. I went to visit my Dad here in the US for Christmas and decided to live with him during my visit and never got to see Jason again.
- Who was your best friend when you were 10? My best friend when I was 10 was Rebecca. I had met her my first day of 3rd grade. We both rode the same bus and had the same teacher. She was shy and I saw her sitting on her own at lunch. I had changed schools 6 times by then and knew what it was like to be the one sitting alone. We became fast friends. When I moved to the US, I missed her a lot.
- What sign are you? Do you believe in astrology? I’m a Scorpio. I do believe in astrology. I see a lot of the Scorpio traits in myself. I am trustworthy and faithful, a loyal friend to the end. I am possessive of what’s mine. I am secretive though I fight it everyday to maintain my relationship with my husband and keep up open communication. I can also be very sensitive to what people say, but as I get older, I am beginning to care less about what people say. There are moments though I do admit. UPDATE: I wrote this blog last night and then this morning I watched the “Today” show and apparently the astrological signs have changed because of a 13th constellation that wasn’t originally included because they were creating a 12-month calendar way back in the day. So apparently I am now a Libra. I strongly disagree with this new classification, but what do you do.
- Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up? Last week, my family got to welcome home my husband’s nephew. He retired from the Marines and got to move from the East Coast back here with us. After years of face timing and sporadic visits, it’s good to have him and his family home for good. This week I am looking forward to cooler temperatures and possibly rain this weekend. I can’t remember the last time it actually rained. Being in a drought sucks. Crossing my fingers the rain doesn’t disappear from the radar. Plus with the big fire that popped up during yesterday’s 103 degree day, the firefighter’s could use some help from mother nature.