Share Your World – Week 38 (Cee’s Photography)
Are you a hugger or a non-hugger?
I wasn’t a hugger until I married into my husband’s family. They hug every time they see each other and I had to get used to it and now after 12 years of marriage I can say, I am a hugger. I think being older has something to do with it too. I want the people in my life to know that I care because tomorrow isn’t promised.
What is your least favorite Candy?
My least favorite candy is black licorice. I can’t stand the smell of it and the taste is just yuck. When I lived in Australia as a kid, it seemed like black licorice was everywhere and all the kids I knew loved it. I kept wanting to like it because I hated being the odd man out at that age, but I never grew a taste for it.
What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word “fun”?
So many things. It’s hard to choose, but I guess I have to go with playing games. I will try any game once. I am very competitive, but I also just love sitting around a table playing games, talking, and laughing. We used to have game nights, but now with our tiny very un-stylish apartment, we can’t have anyone over anymore. I can’t wait to get a house so we can go back to doing that. Now we bring games with us when we go to visit others. We used to do it as a “just in case” we hoped to work it in somehow, but now people ask us to bring this game or that game. Love it!!!
List of Favorite Smells: What smells do you love? Whether it’s vanilla scented candles or the smell of coffee in the morning or the smell of a fresh spring rain…make a list of all the things you love for a little aromatherapy.
- Coffee – I used to hate to drink coffee, but I always loved the smell until I was a barista for awhile and then I actually started drinking the stuff
- Citrus scents, but especially Lime
- Fresh baked anything – i.e. cinnamon rolls, cookies, cakes, banana bread
- Odyssey Perfume by Avon and Oil of Olay – my Mom wore them and they stir up memories of early childhood
- Roses – I don’t like most rose scents, but fresh cut roses I love
- Cool Ocean Breezes
- Butterbeer at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Green Apple Jolly Ranchers
- Black Raspberry Vanilla Scentsy
- Fresh Strawberries – again not most of the scents they have, but fresh cut strawberries themselves
- Chocolate – real chocolate
- I’m sure there are many more. I love so many scents.
Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?
I tweaked my back last week and after much stretching/exercises, advil, bengay, and icy hot patches, my back is finally back to normal. I am so thankful to live in a time where medicines are available. I was talking about it with the kids I Nanny yesterday about what it was like before there were modern medicines/cures for diseases and how we humans used to not live very long. They had a hard time wrapping their heads around it.
I am looking forward to increasing my step count this week. I have been trying to get back into the habit of walking and exercising again. Last week despite being unable to go on walks for 3 days because of my back, I still had a higher step count than the week before. I am hoping to increase it yet again this week. I am going to switch from 20 minutes walks to 30 minute walks and I increased my daily step goal by 1000 steps. Wish me luck! I hope this week has been treating you well. Onto the second half of the week we go. 🙂